- Live from: 2020
The Avalanche network is made up of multiple blockchains using a proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus algorithm. This allows the platform to process as many as 4,500 transactions per second. Avalanche is developed for launching decentralised finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem.
- First smart contract platform to have sub-second finality.
- Supports the entirety of the Ethereum development toolkit.
- Very high throughput – greater than most existing blockchain networks.
- Security thresholds well above the 51% standards of other networks.
- Fully decentralised, yet still achieves high throughput and efficiency.
- Transactions can be delayed if validators don’t agree on their current status.
- No liveness guarantee for conflicting transactions.