- Live from: September 2017
Cardano is a Proof of Stake blockchain with a decentralised platform that will allow complex programmable transfers of value in a secure and scalable fashion. The Cardano team aim to deliver more advanced features than any other blockchain by emphasising a research driven approach to design.
- Strong development team.
- Openly addresses need for regulatory oversight whilst maintaining consumer privacy and protections.
- Airtight governance model allowing the community to democratically make binding decisions.
- The first protocol to incorporate the Ouroboros proof of stake algorithm.
- Low fees due to separation of the settlement and computation layer.
- Fully decentralised.
- Still to go live with smart contracts (July 2021)
- Confirmation speed is slow compared to many of the newer blockchains