- Live from: 2017
Solana is building the architecture of their blockchain based on Proof of History. This is a proof for verifying order and passage of time between events. Solana aims to improve blockchain scalability by using a combination of proof of stake consensus and proof of history. As a result, it claims to be able to support 50,000 transactions per second without sacrificing decentralisation and is positioned as a serious Ethereum competitor because of its speed and cost-effectiveness.
- It is currently the number one platform for DApps, especially DeFi.
- Largest developer community – 250,000 active developers (July 21).
- Ethereum is truly decentralised – there is no centralised authority with ultimate control.
- Great interoperability – DApps built on Ethereum can automatically connect to hundreds of existing protocols.
- Demonstrated security and proven reliability.
- A defined roadmap for improvement with EIP 1559, changing Eth to a deflationary asset and Eth 2.0 which will slash gas fees along with a number of very significant improvements.
- Many implementations still await their launch on the Mainnet Beta version.
- Satisfactory hardware setup for Solana is relatively costlier.
- Not fully decentralised with less than 200 validators.
Coins in the Solana Ecosystem
All Solana Projects
Solana Total Value Locked (TVL)
- Solana’s Energy Use Report: September 2022
- Superteam DAO launches Superteam Earn platform
- Discord AMA Session Parrot Finance - Everlend
- How has the Solana freelance market evolved for developers?
- Superteam Earn: Discover all Solana bounties, jobs & grants in one place.
- How to use Everlend with your Phantom Mobile Wallet
- What are some creative ways to earn interest on your crypto holdings?
- Soda Protocol Launches Soda Maze On Testnet
- scam nft sol
- With all the recent upgrades and Solana dominating the NFT marketspace, I continue to be impressed by how far along Solana has come. Big shoutouts to all Solana Devs for their constant work on this project.
- $SOL Staking vs. Liquid mSOL
- Is there a way to verify that the code in a git repo really is the code that is running at an address on the blockchain?
- Can someone explain to me what happened to my Sol balance?
- Account Abstraction
- 🚨Scam Alert: Ray Alpha dot Org. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR WALLET TO THIS WEB PAGE🚨